the press release is at the bottom
The comments below are from "carmelbeach", a top internet scambuster.
13 Apr 2007, 07:07 PM EDT
Msg. 12688 of 12688
(This msg. is a reply to 12669 by carmelbeach.)
Jump to msg. #WORST PR or FUNNIEST PR EVER?
The folks on IH are pretty much having a laughfest over this howler, mixed with some disgust from those who hoped for some business substance. This really is a collector's item of ineptitude, jr high 'fight team fight' pep squad bravado, unprofessional tone and even some false or misleading statements.
* Sports lingo platitudes in headline
* 'LAS VEGAS, NV' as if PRs reference the major city of the state of incorporation rather than the HQ of the company
* Failure to state the full company name in the first sentence. It appears nowhere but at the very bottom. At least they remembered to include 'Bros.'
* 'a "seek and destroy" mission' - too much gameboy?
* Start right in reminding everyone who is familiar with the company that many bad things are said about them and alerting anyone not familiar with the company that there is a stink about it.
* 'slanderous media campaigns' - remember written form is Libel
* 'A spokesperson' used repeatedly and no named person ever quoted or referenced. Looks suspicious. Who and what are they hiding. Why will no identified person be responsible for the statements?
* Nothing about actual business. I mean NOTHING.
* Claiming success in litigation they have never discussed before and never identifying the case.
* If they are referring to the Kathleen matter, falsely implying they have a judgment and are now already involved in collecting. SLJB isn't even a party to that suit.
* Again misusing 'slanderous' with regard to written material.
* Spokesperson 'joked' about getting revenue they haven't got (prompts the reader to think about all the false revenue claims made in other PRs which at least were about business)
* Uncomfortable switch from righteous indignation in the first paragraph to the spokesman's 'joke' in the second.
* 'non-sense', puhleeeeeese. Junior high again at best. Are there no adults at this company? A decent high school graduate would suffice.
* 'We will bring them all to like terms' - awkward phrasing and again references a supposed victory that probably isn't bagged.
* 'The Company wanted to state its gratitude' More bad phrasing. Why the past tense; is the gratitude over? Should be 'The company would like to express its gratitude' or 'the company is grateful to...'
* 'this difficult time' - remind us again of how bad this sucks and if one didn't know the history he would sure want to find out what that meant and finding out is not good for the company.
* 'SLJB will now move forward and only forward' - reminds us that they haven't been and the 'only forward' is overkill and platitudinous.
* 'toward its original and still noteworthy goals' - reminds us that they haven't been achieving those goals. Yes we note the goals and they were preposterous and promotional and unfulfilled.
* 'goals it set in the beginning of this IPO initiative' - what IPO initiative was that? There was no IPO but if there had been, how about 'goals set at the time of our IPO' (and even then should probably avoid the acronym and use the full words)
* 'We made promises to shareholders and to longstanding business partners. We intend to keep them' - another reminder that so far the promises are broken; so promise again to keep the previously broken promises. How many times did they promise audited financials. This new vow won't impress anyone, in fact adds insult to injury. It's hollow.
* 'and no one or no group will deter us from this ever.' How resolute and manly but the 'bashers' never stopped them fulfilling their promises and never will. Is anyone fooled? Does anyone think 'bashers' killed the audit or the Dubai hotel? Oh, let's remember the claim that too many phone calls supposedly killed the cement deal with Ramada. Guffaw - the absurd number of phone calls supposedly received in an hour, hundreds, which never happened. I've got a lengthy post that dissected that fable.
SO SLJB - IF YOU GOT AIRYS TO WRITE THIS TWADDLE FOR YOU
and have made or are considering making him your regular IR
THIS IS AN AWFUL PR AND PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU
--------------------------------------------------------SLJB Takes Offensive Position: States Forward Momentum Toward Original Business Goals
LAS VEGAS, NV, Apr 13, 2007 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- SLJB (PINKSHEETS: SLJB) today announced that it began a "seek and destroy" mission on all individuals and/or the organizations they either directly or indirectly represent tied to slanderous media campaigns and internet blog-site defamations. A spokesperson for the company said today the SLJB has had its first success in dealing with one of these scandalous persons and are now in the position of collecting damages tied to the outcome of the legal proceedings which followed the identification of the guilty party through the discovery of their IP (internet protocol) address that they utilized to post their unsupported and slanderous attacks on both business and personal issues involving the company.
"We can almost consider this a new source of revenue for our company," the spokesperson joked. "There are a lot of people on the hook for this non-sense, and we know who they are. We also know the platforms from where they attack our people and our organization. We will bring them all to like terms," the spokesperson continued.
The Company wanted to state its gratitude to its shareholders through this difficult time for their patience and understanding. SLJB will now move forward and only forward toward its original and still noteworthy goals it set in the beginning of this IPO initiative.
We made promises to shareholders and to longstanding business partners. We intend to keep them, and no one or no group will deter us from this ever.
Except for the historical information herein, the matters discussed in this news release include forward-looking statements that may involve a number of risks and uncertainties. When used in this press release, the words: believes, intends, anticipates, expects, predicts and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, the forward-looking statements based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, costs, risks and effects of the on-going review by the Company, including the impact on the Company's ability to provide timely information as to the Company's business, operating results and financial condition; costs, risks and effects on the Company's business and the trading of its stock of legal proceedings and investigations, including the enforcement proceeding commenced by the OSC and the inquiry being conducted by the SEC; and the impact of the OSC order that trading in the Company's securities cease. Except as expressly required by the securities laws, the Company undertakes no obligation to update such factors or to publicly announce the results of any of the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect future events, developments, or changed circumstances, or for any other reason.
SOURCE: Sulja Bros. Building Supplies, Ltd.